FAST RISETIME, LONG LIFE
The Mini Marx™ generators provide fast risetime and exponentially decaying pulses. The generators are housed in a compact, moveable, aluminum tank and constructed in standardized modular stages designed to provide lifetimes in excess of 100,000 shots.
VARIABLE PULSE AMPLITUDE
Pulse characteristics include a continuously variable pulse amplitude over a 3:1 range. This is accomplished by controlling the charging voltage and tank pressure. Pulse width depends on capacity and load. For a four-stage Mini Marx™ with four capacitors per stage and a 50 ohm load the pulse width is approximately 100nsec.
Typical applications of these Mini Marx™ generators are as trigger generators for high voltage pulse power systems, as laser drivers, and for many other applications requiring a compact and reliable source of high voltage pulses.
With minor modifications, the Mini Marx™ generators can operate in a repetitive mode with frequencies up to several pulses per second.
MODULAR HIGH VOLTAGE PULSE GENERATORS
INPUTS REQUIRED: 115 VAC 50 – 60Hz, 10V pulse trigger into 50Ω
OUTPUTS AVAILABLE: One to eight parallel 50Ω cables (specify).
PULSE SHAPE (fast rise and exponential decay):
- Polarity: Plus or Minus
- Amplitude: Continuously variable over 3:1 range up to a maximum specified
- Width: Hundred nanosecond typical, depending upon capacity and load, with exponential decay
- Risetime – For one 50Ω load: 15 nanoseconds, typical
- Risetime – For eight parallel 50Ω loads: 30 nanoseconds, typical
DELAY: Load independent and measured to 80% SBV or higher: < 100 nanoseconds
JITTER: < 5 nanoseconds rms
- Triggering: A-PFT-380 complete with RG014/U cable
- Charging: A-PFT-380 complete with RG014/U cable
- Outputs: A-PFT-690 complete with RG-17/U cable
- Monitor: BNC
PRESSURIZING MEDIUM: Nitrogen or dry air at up to 40 psig. Pressure gauge and safety valve included.
*Machines with variations in these specifications are available. Prices will be quoted upon request.
To specify a Mini Marx™ generator, select the number of stages from the desired output voltage and known output load with the help of this graph. Then refer to the model number nomenclature below.
When you’re ready to order contact us.
MODEL NUMBER NOMENCLATURE
MMM 3 4 4 Plus(Minus)
In the above model number:
- “MMM” indicates the product: IPC Modular Mini Marx™
- The first number indicates the number of capacitors per stage, in this case three.
- The second number indicates the number of stages, in this case four.
- The third number indicates the number of 50Ω output cables, in this case four.
- “Plus(Minus)” indicates the output polarity.